Friday 19 October 2018

statement of intent,


Not knowing that much about different fashion genres and mostly just the new coming brands and trends, I knew my first step would be to research. To start this off right, I decided on my seasons first which I believe made the following lessons easier as this built the foundation of my fashion magazine cover, contents and web page. For this I researched all four seasons and examined the links in lighting, pose, location, colour, narrative, and outfits. After deciding on two consecutive seasons, winter and spring, I had to then research the following seasonal magazines. I went into detail with the making of mood boards of both seasons, though this helped me pick out the white, blue and grey colour scheme for winter and the white, pink, peach of spring. Then the focus moved on to the outfits i witnessed the models wearing on the covers, for example with spring I caught onto the theme of new birth and innocence which i think with the focus on flower ties in with the larger theme of environmental eco-friendliness and with winter the evident comparisons were fur and snow which lead me down the path of Faux fur creating the theme of environmental ethical issues. Once making the links the next obvious step was a focus on the models. I had already decided I was going to chose models of separate descents for the different magazine editions, and will follow that out once i move onto the test shots in the planning stage. The message i want to communicate through my products are really environmentally based with the eco and ethical issues stated, i feel as though if i make it come out as well as i imagine, the message will be carried through and impact some. The house style will be a minimalistic high brand layout and will share the same structure on the cover, contents and website linked pages. The only differences in these will be the images, cover lines, seasons and models, the overall cover and contents page design will be the same. I am hoping however to also have the same links to my web pages as this will link all my work together very nicely, this will be done through fonts, colours and images over the editions. The different codes, conventions and techniques i will use to communicate these messages are through work linked to my cover such as articles, videos and images that will further make this seem extremely professional. The portrayal of events, issues, individuals and social groups will i believe be easier to link as the themes of both my editions are very environmental, thus making it easier to make it also about the people politically, as well as having two coloured models on my magazine which could link with social issues such as the lack of representations of themselves in the media. The production process involves several steps that are carried out simultaneously by all who contribute to the final product, including the editorial and advertising departments, the printer, and the circulation department, my decision making however has not been that heavily influenced by this but i have more so inspired by the process of distribution. My target audience will be one split in to two with the younger readers of 16-27 and the older readers or 27-45, the reaching and addressing of them will be done by the contents placed inside, this will appeal to both reader groups. I do feel i will struggle with my actual cover and making it one which both generations will enjoy. i hope my audience interpret my products the way i aim for them to be responded to: something that makes a change, by doing this my own consumers will become the producers.


No comments:

Post a Comment